A “Yes” response to any of Questions 1-3 means you are in immediate danger. Call the 24-Hour Crisis Hotline at 901-249-7611
1. Has he/she ever used a weapon against you or threatened you with a weapon?
2. Has he/she ever threatened to kill you or your children?
3. Do you think he/she might try to kill you?
A “No” response to questions 1-3, but “Yes” responses to at least 4 of questions 4-11 indecates your situation could escalate and put you in danger. Please contact Family Safety Center at 901-222-440
4. Does he/she have a gun or can he/she get one easily?
5. Has he/she ever tried to strangle you? (If yes, call the hotline 901-249-7611.)
6. Is he/she violently or constantly jealous or does he/she control most of your daily activities?
7. Have you left him/her or separated after living together or being married?
8. Is he/she unemployed?
9. Has he/she tried to kill himself/herself?
10. Do you have a child that he/she knows is not his/hers?
11. Does he/she follow or spy on you or leave threatening messages?
Any of the siturations in this survey could lead to more serious abuse. A “Yes” to any of these questions should be taken seriously.
The Family Safety Center brings to one location the services necessary to help domestic violence victims in Memphis and Shelby County leave a violent situation. FSC revolutionized how our community serves victims who otherwise would have to travel to multiple locations for help. Own Your Hope is possible with support from AutoZone.