2. Won’t let me talk to other guys / girls
3. Checks up on what I do, where I go, or who I’ve been talking to
4. Tries to stop me from spending time with my friends or family
5. Makes me feel like I have to watch what I do or say
6. Is ok if I say no to something (including sex)
7. Is happy that I make my own decisions about my life
8. Puts me down or humiliates me
9. Has been aggressive or violent
10. Tries to work out arguments by compromising or talking
11. Has pressured, forced or tricked me into doing sexual things that I didn’t want to do
12. Has acted in ways that have scared or hurt me
13. Is happy for me to hang out with friends, without them there
14. Has threatened to hurt me or kill him/herself if I leave
15. Makes me feel scared to disagree or to say no to things
Did you get any warning signs when you took the quiz? If you did, then these are signs you are not being treated right.
The Family Safety Center brings to one location the services necessary to help domestic violence victims in Memphis and Shelby County leave a violent situation. FSC revolutionized how our community serves victims who otherwise would have to travel to multiple locations for help. Own Your Hope is possible with support from AutoZone.